As per our roadmap to refresh the existing shared/reseller hosting server, we are going to upgrade the Singapore server (telin.bennykusman.com) server with latest centOS on the below scheduled time. We have done with the IDC, PHX & LA server and seeing no road block. Hence, we will do the same for this last SG server.
Some of the key benefits:
- Enabled SSL for Cpanel, WHM, and webmail access (via https:// prefix)
- Better performance through new kernel, JFS, and new processor/server
- New varnish improvement for caching
- Cpanel 11.60 new layout and faster loading compared to older versions
- Ioncube 5.x with MariaDB 10
- AutoSSL (email to request for your free SSL :) )
and More :)
Below is the scheduled downtime:
Date/Time: 19th January 2017 9PM SGT till completion (may last up to 6-8 hours)
List of activities:
- New server configuration and hardening under Centos 7, PHP 5.6, MariaDB 10, and Apache 2.0 with Varnish
- Backup of existing data and transfer into the new server
- Change of the new server IP (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) to retain existing configuration
- Restore of backups in new server
- Rebuild all the databases
There should be no change of IP required, and please refrain from making updates to your website prior to the migration window. If you are using default nameserver (ns1.bennykusman.com and ns2.bennykusman.com), you should not need to change anything at your side. Please allow up to 24 hours should it require any DNS propagation.
Should you require any clarifications, please do not hesitate to open a support ticket. All updates during migration window will be posted in this announcement thread.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
12 Jan 2017 : Notification sent out
19 Jan 2017 - 8.30 PM: Backup completed and transferred
19 Jan 2017 - 8.45 PM: Migration is starting now
19 Jan 2017 - 9.10 PM: Account restoration started
19 Jan 2017 - 9.30 PM: About 10% account has been restored.
19 Jan 2017 - 9.45 PM: About 20% account has been restored.
19 Jan 2017 - 10.30 PM: About 50% account has been restored.
19 Jan 2017 - 11.30 PM: About 80% account has been restored.
20 Jan 2017 - 12.05 AM: Restoration completed.
If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com. We apologize for the inconvenience.