As our roadmap to refresh the existing shared/reseller hosting server in this next few months, we are going to upgrade the Indonesia (idc.bennykusman.com) server with latest centOS on the below scheduled time. We have done with the PHX & LA server and seeing no road block. Hence, we will do the same for this last ID server.
Some of the key benefits:
- Enabled SSL for Cpanel, WHM, and webmail access (via https:// prefix)
- Better performance through new kernel, JFS, and new processor/server
- New varnish improvement for caching
- Cpanel 11.60 new layout and faster loading compared to older versions
- Ioncube 5.x with MariaDB 10
- AutoSSL (email to request for your free SSL :) )
and More :)
Below is the scheduled downtime:
Date/Time: 22th December 2016 10PM SGT till completion (may last up to 6-8 hours)
List of activities:
- New server configuration and hardening under Centos 7, PHP 5.6, MariaDB 10, and Apache 2.0 with Varnish
- Backup of existing data and transfer into the new server
- Change of the new server IP (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) to retain existing configuration
- Restore of backups in new server
- Rebuild all the databases
There should be no change of IP required, and please refrain from making updates to your website prior to the migration window. If you are using default nameserver (ns7.bennykusman.com and ns8.bennykusman.com), you should not need to change anything at your side. Please allow up to 24 hours should it require any DNS propagation.
Should you require any clarifications, please do not hesitate to open a support ticket. All updates during migration window will be posted in this announcement thread.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
18 Dec : Notification sent out
22 Dec 9.30PM : Migration started early after backup generation is completed
22 Dec 9.50PM : Ip switch completed and boot up in new server. verification is now in process
22 Dec 10PM : Account restoration started
22 Dec 10.20PM : 40% account has been restored
22 Dec 10.30PM : 60% account has been restored. Server is rebooted to see the consistency during boot up. Afterwards, the restore process will continue.
22 Dec 11PM: All account has been restored. If you have any issues, please open to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your patience and understanding