As our roadmap to refresh the existing shared/reseller hosting server in this next few months, we are going to upgrade the Phoenix (phoenix.bennykusman.com) server with latest centOS on the below scheduled time. We have done with the LA server and seeing no road block. Hence, we will do the same for this last US server.
Some of the key benefits:
- Enabled SSL for Cpanel, WHM, and webmail access (via https:// prefix)
- Better performance through new kernel, JFS, and new processor/server
- New varnish improvement for caching
- Cpanel 11.60 new layout and faster loading compared to older versions
- Ioncube 5.x with MariaDB 10
- AutoSSL (email to request for your free SSL :) )
and More :)
Below is the scheduled downtime:
Date/Time: 9th December 2016 11PM SGT till completion (may last up to 6 hours)
List of activities:
- New server configuration and hardening under Centos 7, PHP 5.6, MariaDB 10, and Apache 2.0 with Varnish
- Backup of existing data and transfer into the new server
- Change of the new server IP (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11) to retain existing configuration
- Restore of backups in new server
- Rebuild all the databases
There should be no change of IP required, and please refrain from making updates to your website prior to the migration window. If you are using default nameserver (ns5.bennykusman.com and ns6.bennykusman.com), you should not need to change anything at your side. Please allow up to 24 hours should it require any DNS propagation.
Should you require any clarifications, please do not hesitate to open a support ticket. All updates during migration window will be posted in this announcement thread.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
4 Dec : Notification sent out
9 Dec 11PM: Migration started. Your hosting is not accesible at the moment.
9 Dec 11.30PM: Performing some fsck. May take a while to complete
10 Dec 12.15AM: Account restoration is in progress
10 Dec 1.26AM: 50% account has been restored. On going...
10 Dec 2.09AM: 80% account has been restored. Should be completed in next 10 mins
10 Dec 2.30AM: Migration and account restoration completed. We thank you for your patience. If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.